Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #495 of (permalink) Old 1st March 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by Learl View Post
Unforunately i was an unlucky person and a few days
ago my bonnet did fly up and hit my windscreen as i was
going 75mph on a busy motorway, it's amazing the amount
of damage it's caused
Hello Learl; welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear of your mishap but you are unfortunately one of many. By the way, is that Lear as in King or Earl as in Duke ? Either way, I courtesy.

I recommend you read this thread especially #365 so you can understand what has been going on about this problem. Please be sure to take photos of the car and the locking mechanisms of your bonnet. We are always interested to read what you have to say regarding, for example, when the bonnet was last opened and by whom it was shut.

Also other details like when it had last been serviced and any other pertinent details that you think may be important. It would be interesting to see some close-up shots of the locks as they are now. Did your garage/insurance say they will have to change them because they are faulty?

Don't be afraid to write at length about it... everybody does on this forum... well except me of course; I am the only one who writes only short scripts

Where is your car now and have you claimed on your insurance? Who are your insurers and what did they say? Was any other road-user involved in any way? That sort of thing is always interesting to know and it will find its way into a growing arsenal of ordnance to be fired at Renault and VOSA/VSB when the right moment arrives.

There you are; see? I told you I only write short script.

Confucius he say "Wise Inuit never eats yellow snow"
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome