Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Another problem. Yay. Screeching noise.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 27th February 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs down Another problem. Yay. Screeching noise.

Hi there. Second post in a week. I've noticed in the last few weeks I've been getting a loud screech (imagine the sound of a wheelspin) coming from my back right wheel. Here is the list of the facts and conditions:

-Only seems to occur when it is very wet, sometimes just a little wet but I don't think it's ever occured when it is dry.
-Mostly occurs within 5 minutes of setting off in the morning.
-Seems to occur most when turning round a roundabout or pulling out of a junction.
-The noise doesn't seem to go away when braking and only goes away after a certain amount of time (20 seconds average)
-Appears to come from just one tyre.
- I know my brakes were flagged on a service but they did say not to worry about them and just to wait till just beflre the MOT (couple of months).
-Because of the things going wrong with the car I didn't wash it for a couple of months and did seem to occur when very mucky (could it be related to dust etc?)

So there's some facts. Any ideas???
And am I risking it by keep driving it in the rain under thos condition.
Currently in Nemoh88's garage:
2006 Renault Clio 1.4 Dynamique S
  5 Lastest Threads by Nemoh88
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
To buy a new car or not? Plus trading in with... Cars & motoring Nottnoc 20 2378 14th July 2014 09:47 PM
Electronic fault. Help. Electronics Critch 7 795 8th July 2014 12:16 PM
Odd Question: Clio Dash Computer Interiors Nemoh88 4 823 25th May 2014 07:26 PM
Coils for MK3 Clio Engines Nemoh88 7 1746 25th May 2014 10:20 AM
Another problem. Yay. Screeching noise. Brakes/Hubs Dancingdad 9 1231 27th February 2014 12:34 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome