Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Electronics - Interior Lights not self dimming ?

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 26th November 2005
Dark Jupiter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Cherry Door Microswitchs.

I have a similar problem with my '99 Laguna. I identified the problem as the micro switch in the door lock. Sometimes when the door is opened and closed the light stays on because the micro switch sticks open thus the circuit is open and the interior light stays on. I was able to part remedy this with some simple WD40 application however, the problem has returned with a vengeance due to the cold weather up here. The switch is frozen open. I will have to take the lock out but it may have to wait until summer when the snow is gone.

I have also noticed because I have the light switched off all the time now a combination of this and the open cherry switch cause the immobiliser to cease operation. Sometimes the switch will close and all is operational again until the next time the switch freezes open.

I don't know if this helps as you car is a newer version but it is food for thought.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome