Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Another problem. Yay. Screeching noise.

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 27th February 2014
Renoir White
Platinum Member located in the UK
Technical Supremo
Nominated 9 Times in 16 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 32
Thanked 1,445 Times in 1,200 Posts
Re: Another problem. Yay. Screeching noise.

Originally Posted by Nemoh88 View Post
Would it benefit me to just take this to the dealers? Honest opinions. Too much wrong with the car and the garages around here are just robbing me and not helping and I don't have the knowledge and/or skills to try to sort it myself.
What area are you located? Have you had a look for garages registered in the Good Garage Scheme? Are you using garages based on recommendations or just choosing from a phonebook? Are you using 'fast-fit' type garages or traditional garages?
It does help to find one good garage so you get to develop a good rapport with them and they get to 'know' your car. Also the more work you have done at the same time the cheaper it works out to be as often they will charge labour in multiples of 30 minute units regardless of how quick the job was done, so the more that can be fitted into the time the better for you.

Don't take without giving in return
Currently in Renoir White's garage:
Renault Trafic 1.7 Petrol Vauxhall Astra 1.4i & in bits Triumph Bonneville T140E & H-D XLH1200
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome