Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Forgetful Vel Satis mirrors

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 1st March 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by twoscarecrows View Post
Ever since buying my Vel Satis (2nd hand) the wing mirrors keep moving to the wrong position when I unlock and open the door. Having memory mirrors is not much use if they only remember the wrong position.

I have tried on numerous occassions to set the memory by pressing the memory button (it beeps when position registered) to no avail. Briefly pressing the button will move the mirrors, but only back to the wrong position. The off-side mirror is usually OK, but the near-side mirror always points as far down as it can.

Can any of you whiz kids out there offer a solution, or at least know what is causing the problem?

I cant be certain if I can help ..and I do not have the manual with me.
I had similar thing when I used for the first time the second key card recently on holiday. The mirrors were way out the seat was not set correctly and the radio was not my usual stations.

Are you trying to reset the mirrors with the ignition on but before you start the engine. Having set it that way then press and hold the seat adjust button and remove the card. try it afresh to see if it has resolved the problem.

This might be a load of old twaddle, but hope it helps.

Currently in JohnM5's garage:
2003 Vel Satis 3.0 dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome