Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #498 of (permalink) Old 1st March 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

You will acutally find that almost everyone WANTS to take the matter further. There are two brick walls in the way, Renault (UK and Global HQ) and VOSA. Both stubbon and tough challenges - which everyone who has tried to work through needs to spend lots of time, energy, money and commitment to pursue.

Most people are either studying/at uni, working or have family commitments - and unfortunately, do not have the time to focus on the said matters. It's very easy for everyone to say they should do this or that, but try it. Personally, I've spent 11 months of my life on this case - and thus far apart from receiving the repair costs covered by Renault UK, they have not agreed that there is an issue.

All I can say is please be considerate - it is a simple david vs. goliath situation....

If you have the time, patience,m money and commitment on this - then continue your quest to find out (even if it is not with the help of anyone else!). All it will take is for one case to receive the acknowledgement from Renault that they are liable and then the floodgates will open for the rest (guess why they have chosen the line they have then!).

Sorry to sound cynical or paronoid - but 11mths of my life is already too much...esp. with all the other "life-issues" I currently need to deal with!

Aaron Brigatti
Brigatti Online -

Clio Bonnet-Catch Issues?
- Read the Correspondence Archive (Recently Updated!) @
- and the latest on my experiences @

Currently in brigatti's garage:
2009 Audi A4 1.4 TFSI

Last edited by brigatti; 3rd March 2007 at 04:29 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome