Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - It never snows in Cornwall?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th November 2005 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Cool It never snows in Cornwall?

Who said we never get any snow down here in the tropics of Cornwall then?

We had about 5" or 6" inches yesterday, snowed heavily and continually for about 4 or 5 hrs. As many of you will have seen on National news many motorists were stranded.

I took the day off work yesterday to get on with some decorating - without interruption from kids - only to have to leave at about 1.00pm to pick kids up from school. Managed to get to school fairly easily, stayed at about 20-30mph and went long way around to avoid country lane and steep hills.

The 4 mile journey home took me 3hrs - first 3 miles were ok but slow moving,1mile from home hit traffic - took 3/4hrs to drive about 1/2 mile. The kids were all for getting out and walking - but the Laguna held strong and didn't spin once. Where others couldn't negotiate the Lag kept going - saw several rear wheel drive Mercs really slipping and sliding. Also the heater in the Lag has to be one of the most efficient car heaters I have ever had. Even tho -1 oputside car was blowing out warm air within minutes of starting engine. Heaters in diesel engine cars are usually crap for about the first tweny minutes of driving.
Decided to park car in swimming pool carpark and walk home ( only about 10 mins via footpaths - quicker than driving even in normal conditions anyway).

Had our 2 kids plus 2 others in tow ( all 4 girls under 8yrs old) - needless to say the walk home was great fun - anybody who saw us would have sworn there were FIVE kids messing around having snow ball fights.

Makes a change for Cornwall to have snow before a lot of the rest of the country. Recent winters have been fairly mild with only a few light dustings of snow.

Currently in SportTourer's garage:
2010 Laguna III SportTourer Initiale Tom Tom.
  5 Lastest Threads by SportTourer
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
4Km Sponsored Run at Newquay Airport Sport SportTourer 0 4533 19th January 2012 09:33 PM
Bad Few Days General Chat 10 2477 8th November 2010 07:29 PM
Laguna III - Quirks or Faults! My mottah! forrest38 63 28818 6th November 2010 04:27 PM
Laguna III- 6mths review My mottah! SportTourer 0 1957 5th September 2010 07:55 PM
Any Athletics Fans on here? General Chat SportTourer 0 1189 28th July 2010 08:29 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome