Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Odder and odder

Thread: Odder and odder
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th February 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Odder and odder

Two odd things at once recently.
Firstly, doing 70 down the M66 at 7am when the back window exploded. I nearly went out through the sunroof. Still not got a clue who was trying to kill me, but he must have been a very poor shot. I was in the front seat.
Second, the electronic handbrake. Died before Christmas, and was diagnosed as dead by computer. Did nothing until early February, when a large tin was dropped on the boot floor with some violence. Started working again (coming on automatically when the engine was killed), and releasing automatically. then decided to jam on, released by the little yellow handle.
Cause? Reverse. If you stopped the engine immediately after reversing, it would come on and jam on, likewise if you wanted to start off in reverse. Nudge forward 6 inches, and it came off, and if reversing into a space, go back forward, and it would not come on. This may be useful information to someone out there suffering the random violence of a non functional computerised handbrake.
Now, who wants a Laguna 2 Initiale Tourer with 138K, a new rear window and no handbrake? I know I don't.
And Peugeot are going down by the nose? On that basis, Renault would not have made it past 1950.
Currently in maserati's garage:
55 reg Laguna 120hp Initiale
  5 Lastest Threads by maserati
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Odder and odder Cars & motoring Ralph 3 579 28th February 2014 06:37 PM
Laguna with lagoon Bodywork mord 7 1098 22nd February 2013 05:17 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome