Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - LAGUNA 2 will not start

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 2nd March 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
LAGUNA 2 will not start

Hi All, Sorry if this is not posted in the proper section but was looking for maximum attention for my problem.

I have a 2002 Laguna 1800. After using the car yesterday with no problems, i went out this morning to find the car will not do anything. When the card is in the slot, the card reader is flashing and the dash displays the message "insert card". The card is pushed in fully but i cant hear the clicking noise it usually makes when the card locks in place. I have tried getting out, locking, unlocking ang getting back in and trying again but it does the same each time. I also have a spare key card but this does exactly the same. Would i be right in thinking it is unlikely to be the cards that are at fault ? The last time it did this was a few weeks ago, and a jump start cured it, but not today.

Another question is there a way to override the steering lock as the car is stuck on the end of my drive blocking in my other cars so i can't even get them out to use.
Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks.
  5 Lastest Threads by MYFIRSTRENAULT
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Phoned In Sick Today ! Jokes & funny stuff chris m 3 645 2nd March 2007 07:52 PM
LAGUNA 2 will not start Cars & motoring itsbazza 8 2273 2nd March 2007 06:25 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome