Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Those damn screw down battery terminals

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 2nd March 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Those damn screw down battery terminals

Has anyone got a way to ensure that you can get a good solid connection between the screw down battery terminals and the battery.

I have an ongoing problem which seems to be electrically related. My wife was going out this morning and tried to start the car and it got a bare glug and died. I got my multimeter and put the probes under the caps of the screw on terminals and got zilch !! The connections were good and tight but obviously one side wasn't making a connection.

I took the battery out and put it on the ground and then ran my jump leads from it onto the terminal under the bonnet. It started no problem.

Is there a way of getting a better connection with the current connectors or should I cut them off and replace them with standard push on - tighten with a wrench connections.

By the way, when running, the alternator was reading 14.45. Is this the correct voltage ?

I have now bought a can of Bardahl Electrical Contact Cleaner but
Currently in ChampionC's garage:
1997 Scenic RT 1.6
  5 Lastest Threads by ChampionC
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Scenic - Oil Level Read Out Explained Scenic trakker 20 38586 1st April 2007 09:23 PM
Where is the Idle Control Valve located Engines Lagdti 3 2385 4th March 2007 11:06 AM
Those damn screw down battery terminals Electronics madnoel10 12 3400 2nd March 2007 08:35 PM
What part controls the idle speed Engines caribbeancelt 7 2850 19th February 2007 08:59 AM
What controls the idle speed ? Engines chris m 1 1509 17th February 2007 08:08 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome