Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Reversed into. What damage done?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd March 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Reversed into. What damage done?

Me and my daughter were in her clio tonight parked in Tesco's car park stuffing our face with goodies before going home. While sitting there we were suddenly shaken and realised we had been hit from behind. I jumped out the car to see a large van had reversed into us.

He got out and apologised and said he couldnt see due to the weather. It was absolutely pouring down and windy really bad. Fair enough but why reverse park in a space behind us when almost the whole car park was empty So i wiped over the bumper with my hand to see if i could see any damage but i couldnt see any. Now considering the terrible weather and that it was in the dark i wasnt totally confident that all was ok and explained to him that i would like his details if when we checked tomorrow there was any damage. He was fine with that and i took his registration and he gave me the letter headed paper from the company (works van).

What i would like to know is other than any visible damage on the bumper is there anything else we should look for? Is there any other parts it cold have affected? Not really sure like what but i was wondering due to being parked and having the handbrake on could that have got any damage or fittings of the bumper? Any comments would be appreciated. Will have a look tomorrow in the daylight and hopefully dry weather.

I dont want to take it further if not neccesary but my daughter passed her test December and this is her first car which she is working hard for to pay back the money and dont want it messed up for her.
Currently in jaxxy00's garage:
2000 Renault Clio Sport
  5 Lastest Threads by jaxxy00
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Reversed into. What damage done? Bodywork VelSatisfied 10 2125 3rd March 2007 01:17 AM
30th Jan Renault UK further response to BBC... Cars & motoring bonedavid 4 1369 2nd February 2007 07:45 PM
Hi there. Newbie with handbrake problem??! Wheels & tyres chris m 11 2077 31st January 2007 10:48 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome