Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #503 of (permalink) Old 3rd March 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Vass20, I think your point is valid, and if I have over-step the mark, then I do apologise to Kat et al.

I am just getting extremely frustrated with the attitudes of the two big companies out there - which don't seem to be taking any one of us seriously (VOSA and Renault).

I think Kat's point is valid and I agree everyone deserves their opinion. I just felt that by complaining that people aren't taking further, isn't always what it seems. I know of various people who have contacted me away from and via this forum who advised that they have too many other commitments to be in a position to spend time and energy (and money) chasing something which on potentially seems like a lost-cause (i.e. doesn't guarantee a climb-down by Renault!) -- although on the other their actions could ensure that this incidents stop re-occurring!! I guess it goes back to the fact that all it would take is for Renault to accept liability for one case, and this would then be able to be communicated to all and sundry! (Will it ever happen? I sure hope so! )

On the positive to Kat's point, she is absolutely correct in stating that collating raw data is extremely useful (if all folks at party to this) - because this can be presented to both VOSA and Renault to complete analyse on the data collated. However, even with clear statistics presented to VOSA and Renault - their stance remains unchanged, thus far.

What we are finding is that even if people to take the right steps to complain to VOSA - this organisation actually took a stance last November that no further cases would be looked into. This is another reason why I felt it isn't the blame of those on the forum, but the organisation for their incompetence in dealing with this matter. (Although, this was contradicted by the head of the division whose remit incorporates that of the VSB!)

Do not fear though, as we are expecting some interesting news in about a week's time from VOSA!!! More news to follow...

Aaron Brigatti
Brigatti Online -

Clio Bonnet-Catch Issues?
- Read the Correspondence Archive (Recently Updated!) @
- and the latest on my experiences @

Currently in brigatti's garage:
2009 Audi A4 1.4 TFSI

Last edited by brigatti; 3rd March 2007 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Typos :)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome