Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Reversed into. What damage done?

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 3rd March 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks everyone for all your advice. After hearing some of your stories its made me give it a thorough going over, even got out there with a mirror to look under where the bolts go etc for the bumper.

Im pleased ive had a good look though as after checking bolts etc which seem ok, ive rechecked the actual surface of the bumper (back bumper to be more clear) and there is damage. Its hard to explain what its like though but i would say its shattered the plastic if that makes sense. Kind of like loads of hairline cracks like you would get on a dinner plate.

So ive phoned the works company (not heard of them myself but looked up on internet and seem a very big company who do refits on stores etc heating, ventilation systems etc worth many thousands of pounds) but office is closed until Monday. I have left a message about why im ringing and that i will phone back Monday. Im assuming thats why he was there as our Tesco has just had a refit.

I have a little problem that i have to admit to and that is although i took the registration and have got the letter headed paper i did not ask his name. I did say does he always use the van and he said that it was his van so hopefully it will be ok.

So now, do we just get a couple of quotes for the work and pass on to his insurance when we find out the details from the office on Monday? My daughter has got legal cover and is insured fully comp but being young she has a $400 (pound sign not working) excess, so if we can deal direct i think it would be better. I know she would get the money back but its having it to begin with.
Currently in jaxxy00's garage:
2000 Renault Clio Sport
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome