Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Good luck to all Renault owners!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 27th November 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Good luck to all Renault owners!

Hi all,

I will probably only be a member of this forum for a short while.

Let me explain:

I bought a 1997 Renault Laguna 2.2 RT DT about four weeks ago from a private seller. I thought I was getting a real bargain - little did I know what was to come ...

I spent the first week looking longingly at my purchase sitting in the drive as I waited for the V5 docs to come back from the DVLA so that I could tax it. A week later they hadn't arrived so I phoned the DVLA who confirmed that the car was registered in my name so I could tax it at the local office. Rushed out and got the car taxed so that I could drive it the same day.

Drove the car for a week and really liked it. Smooth ride and frugal fuel consumption - just right for the kind of journeys I was making.

I decided that it would be a good idea to get the car serviced just to make sure the turbo didn't blow up or something and to get the heater checked (blowing cold air). Also noticed at the time that the water level was dropping in the header tank.

Got a bombshell of a call from the garage to tell me that the head gasket would have to be replaced at a cost of around 600 or worse still the cylinder head may be cracked and would cost 1000 to fix!!! I agreed to spend 200 to find out how bad the news was.

Just my luck the head was cracked and the garage advised me to scrap the car. AAAAGGGGHHH!!!!

So, my new friends, I am looking for a very cheap cylinder head from some kind soul who would like to help me recover some semblance of sanity. I plan to spend a miserable weekend rebuilding the engine in a draughty shed to avoid spending any more money on this beast.

Who said diesels were economical?

5 Lastest Threads by CrakinUp
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Good luck to all Renault owners! Cars & motoring harry69koi 10 2307 27th November 2005 06:00 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome