Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - water in foot well and under back seat

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 4th March 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clio water ingress.

Hi all. I have a clio in the workshop that has been driving me mad. I have taken the sunroof out twice and have no doubt in my mind that I have sorted the leak from it. It was finally traced to the two roof "end caps" that the drain tubes connect to. I had to break the bond on them and re-seal them as the water was creeping past what only renault could describe as "sealed". What a poor job they did. I then reassembled and refitted the sunroof and water tested the car. Hurraahhh I said, Its fixed. Customer pays me money and gets car back. Everybodys happy? Not quite. I had a call a week later saying that the rear footwell on the drivers side was soaking wet. After a few well chosen expleatives, I got the car back last thursday but have not had time to get onto it. I then saw a post saying that it came in "through a nut type thingy with a cap on it" Does anyone have any idea where this nut type thing is? I would like to get to the bottom of this asap as the customer has my car!
Currently in millspeed88's garage:
various makes and models
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome