Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Reversed into. What damage done?

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 4th March 2007
Technical Supremo

Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 42,935
Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanks: 372
Thanked 5,199 Times in 4,711 Posts
Damage to rear end -Ouch!

It takes very little impact to damage so-called bumpers on modern cars. Contact your insurance company immediately - any delay could mean you are out of pocket. Get the car to a VBRA (Vehicle Body Repairers Association) registered repair shop (your insurers can advise) - insurers will accept nothing less. Good repair shops now take photographs of the damage so a record is kept in the event of any dispute at a later stage. If the owner of the other vehicle is prepared to put it through their insurance - both insurance companies involved usually come to an arrangement between themselves - this usually negates the need to cough up for the access charge. They sort it out themselves. Be wary of coming to an arrangement between yourself and the owners concerned as they may try to arrange repairs by a cowboy repairer. Also you may find your insurer has an arrangement whereby you get a loan car whilst yours is being repaired. I know it's nice to be "nice" but go to your insurers as they can handle it in a professional manner. Thus keeping you from being personally involved. Good Luck!
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
madnoel10 is offline  
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome