Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Leaking Interior

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 4th March 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
sounds like the problem i had but it was the drivers side and is the sunroof tray filling with water at the front side and spilling over down the windscreen trim and kick panel onto the floor ,if this happens on the drivers side it drips all over the ECU which is behind the kick panel .

the solution is pretty simple but will take some time. you can test the priciple by parking the car facing down a slope getting a kettle of cold water opening the sunroof fully back and from the outside start pouring into the drip tray ,watch how it drains away (there are drain hole in each corner) if its the same prob the tray will fill up and start to spill over the tray into the headlining .

to solve it you will have to partially take back or remove the front wheel arch liner at the side mudflaps would normally go

u can just about get away with bending it back after a few screws/trim plugs have been removed .look around for a clear pipe the problem is the flap at the bottom of the pipe sticks shut or is clogged stopping water from above draining away i would remove this flap to stop future problems also i would do both sides .

hope this helps

Currently in koogar's garage:
2001 laguna 2 1.8 sports touring dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome