Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace 3.0 Dci Initiale 2005

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 4th March 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks for the info. I have now done about 200 miles since I bought it. I have averaged 30.7mpg so far, pretty good I think. It does'nt have heated seats, just a blank on the seats, which is a bit of a surprise, since my Vel Satis had them. The Vel Satis onboard computer talked to you and told you what was wrong, the Espace even though newer just makes warning beeps and the tyre pressure sensors don't tell the actual pressures.
The Espace engine & especially gearbox are much smoother than my old Vel, very pleased with that.
Have turned it from the standard 6 seats into a 4 seater with the captain chair armrests and a big boot, seves our needs really well.
I had a really nice Cabasse stereo in the Vel. This one although it sounds really good, what a pain to use, 6 CD changer is in the boot behind a removable panel, why not 6 in the dash like the Vel, plus having to use a tv remote to change discs is stupid.
I fit a top box to go skiing 2 - 3 times a year, why are the roof bars curved so a box won't go straight on without special blocks to raise the box so as to avoid the curvature. What's wrong with flat top bars?
On the whole though I am pleased with the car, nice to drive, plenty of go, fairly economical, plenty of room, comfortable and safe.
Currently in Spyderman's garage:
Vel Satis Initiale 3.0 DCi 07/04 - 02/07 Espace IV 3.0Dci Initiale 02/07 -
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome