Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Reversed into. What damage done?

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 5th March 2007
S.M.A.R.T.(y) Pants
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,851 Posts

Im pleased ive had a good look though as after checking bolts etc which seem ok, ive rechecked the actual surface of the bumper (back bumper to be more clear) and there is damage. Its hard to explain what its like though but i would say its shattered the plastic if that makes sense. Kind of like loads of hairline cracks like you would get on a dinner plate.

The damage you have seen is basically where the plastic bumper has absorbed the impact, it has deformed sufficiently to break the paint layer. The bumper will have returned to its original shape, but the paint won't have. I've repaired this type of damage without any difficulty or needing to remove/replace the bumper. Any suitably qualified SMART Technician could do this, but I would be inclined (just in case of any difficulties in liability further down the line) to go through the insurance.

A lot to be said for the old metal bumpers with the over-riders!

This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.

S.M.A.R.T. Technician
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome