Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Van purchase Master Etc

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 5th March 2014
S.M.A.R.T.(y) Pants
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,851 Posts
Re: Van purchase Master Etc

If we were comparing cars, it would be pretty straightforward advice from me; I'd buy the newer vehicle since rust would be less likely and a car that's spent it's life on the motorway is a safer bet than one subjected to urban use.

But these are commercial vehicles, so it's less obvious.

Personally, I'd be looking at the type of use both have been subjected to and especially interested if either has been driven exclusively by the owner. (having been a van driver since my student days, I've seen the use/abuse inflicted on vehicles by people who don't own them).

I'd also look at (or get pictures emailed) and base the judgement on condition as well.

So although I can't say one or the other, hopefully the criteria I've suggested will help you decide.

This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.

S.M.A.R.T. Technician
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater
The Following User Says Thank You to VelSatisfied For This Useful Post:
Petett225 (6th March 2014)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome