Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Interiors - Electric Window Problems - Regulator Repairs

View Single Post
post #146 of (permalink) Old 5th March 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Laguna II windows

I have had both of my front window lifts go within three days of each other, on my '52' Laguna. On the drivers one the cables had snapped due to rust, and on the passenger side the cable was badly rusted and fraying. I was quoted 250 per window for parts, and 190 labour at my 'friendly' Renault dealer.
I bought new mechanisms from Shop4Parts for 110 each all in. The new ones are fully sealed where the cables go onto the drum and motor, the whole assembly was sealed in a polythene bag, and all exposed parts were greased, so Renault have at least improved things. The drivers door took about 40 minutes to fit. The passenger door about 30 minutes - less electric switches, and I now knew what I was doing.
I have owned the car for two years, and the windows always squeaked when operated, apart from when I rained, this is obviously a warning sign of things to come!.
Currently in Ilt14's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna 1800
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome