Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Oil Change Advice For 1.9 dTi

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 5th March 2007
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,200 Times in 4,712 Posts
Oil Change

Most manufacturers don't recomend using flushing agents - there is a posibilty it may affect seals etc., around the engine. Some flushing agents can be quite agressive. In the long run its cheaper to change the oil more often than to take the risk. If in doubt about whether the garage will used good quality oil is always open to question as they like to supply their own which they normally buy in bulk (they usually pay approx., 1-00 a litre) - so they can make a profit -a nice little earner as they say. I am not saying their oil is inferior - but because they buy in bulk they will usually only stock one or two varieties - in the hope it will suit most vehicles that come through the door. Most garages don't mind if the owner provides their own oil -but if they object - that would raise doubts in my mind. My advice is change your oil and filter at every service or at least once a year - whichever comes first.
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome