Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - General - Recalls - How to find the latest + online link

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 28th November 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by SportTourer
This is a good link L20 but unfortunately is not kept up to date. We got fed up with the number of recalls on our Picasso that we decided to look on this website to see exactly how many recalls had been listed - the website was out of date only listing 3 recalls for the Picasso. At the time we had had at least 6. It may have been updated by now but the most up to date info is probably best being obtained direct from Renault.
I think the manufacturers are only obliged to inform the VOSA with regard to safety critical recalls. So if there's a chance of fire, brake or steering failure, or something else that's potentially very dangerous, then the VOSA have to be informed.

But when it comes to non-safety critical recalls (e.g. for components that which might be prone to faults or premature failures, but which don't pose danger to life and limb if they do) I don't think there's any obligation for the manufacturer to tell the VOSA. The last time I looked, the recall on my old 2.0 IDE ( ECU reprogramming for an emissions related fault) never made it onto the VOSA website.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome