Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Help a newbie with his Laguna Xenon's?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th March 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Help a newbie with his Laguna Xenon's?

Hi, I've been lurking for a while but it's time for my tale of woe and a question or two:

The car's an 02 Laguna 1.8 Privilege Sport Wagon. The passenger side front sidelight went, so the usual fun and games ensued to remove 'emblishments' and eventually the battery to get access.

Cut fingers and blue language got the side light bulb swapped. Battery back on and checked all lights working - all good. Put all the wires back in their clips and the cover back on. Job done I thought. Ha.

So then I find the radio's not working. Fine, I enter the code. The code supplied isn't right so I remove the radio to find the serial numbers to get a code from the web. But I notice the codes scratched into the top of the radio. Fair enough, not the most security concious thing the previous owner could do (Sixt) but it didn't cost me anything.

Then I reset the electric windows. Easy enough.

Then I spot the odometers reading in km not miles. Reading round here tells me the last thing you should ever do is disconnect the battery so that's irrevisible and I'm not paying £600 to sort it.

At that point I was chuffed I'd sorted the bulb but slightly irrated (well, really irrated, but that's paled compared to today) I'd knacked the odometer settings.

One day later and the Xenon low beam bulb on that sides not working.

Renault Leeds have quoted £145 for the bulb and £76 to fit. have bulbs for £60 but I need the model type. Is it a D2R? And can it be fitted by a.n.other as I really don't want to give Renault my cash?

Any help (and sarcasm, even if it's just about SAFC, I'm used to it) greatfully received.
Currently in safcbedders's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 1.8 Privilege Sportwagon

Last edited by safcbedders; 6th March 2007 at 11:34 AM.
  5 Lastest Threads by safcbedders
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna II front bumper - easy to remove? Bodywork davesss 5 15697 7th March 2007 04:18 PM
Help a newbie with his Laguna Xenon's? Electronics safcbedders 9 2132 6th March 2007 10:16 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome