Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #516 of (permalink) Old 6th March 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
BBC - Consumer - TV and radio - Renault Clio

Quote:The company reiterates that customer safety is of paramount importance and any customer complaint is taken extremely seriously.Unquote

Of such paramount importance in fact, that they have been telling customers that only a handful of cars have been involved in such incidents and these were all the fault of drivers/owners who had not secured their bonnet as directed. What a load of hollicks!

Now that a serious injury has been attributed to this problem, I wonder if the victim is going to sue them bigtime. I can see this making the house of Lords in due course.

"Andrea Cox was unfortunate enough to be behind a Clio when its bonnet flew open. She swerved, but her car went through a fence, rolled upside down, and ended up in a ditch. Cox suffered a fractured spine, and her car's a right-off. The police blamed the accident on the Clio bonnet, and say it could have ended with a fatality."

Confucius he say "Wise Inuit never eats yellow snow"
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS

Last edited by vass20; 6th March 2007 at 08:39 PM. Reason: In case anyone thinks I am dramatising
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome