Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Bluetooth Handsfree

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 7th March 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Do a search on 'Parrot' and you should turn up a few threads. If you have the standard single-slot CD player, then it should be a doddle to fit, but if you have the in-dash 6 disc changer, then the ISO blocks are at the rear of the car instead of behind the stereo, and you'll need to buy or make some extension cables.

The CK3000 Evolution is the most discrete kit, consisting of a small 'pod' about a little over an inch long with buttons and a dial to control its functions. You can dial through the kit via voice dialling, and it will announce the ID of known callers in your own voice. For caller display and keypad dialling, you can still legally use your phone handset as long as it's in a fixed holder.

Other models feature built-in caller display, but are more obtrusive on the dash. I don't think any of them feature a dial keypad.

From a theft point of view, the control units are all hidden behind the dash in the location of your choice. The visible components alone aren't worth stealing. I doubt you'll have any problems.

Just bear in mind that Bluetooth tends to hammer your mobile battery (well it does on my Nokia at least.) It's worth investing in a cigar lighter charger in case your battery runs out while you're on the road, even if that does seem to defeat the object of having a wireless handsfree kit.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome