Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #528 of (permalink) Old 7th March 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Originally Posted by brigatti View Post
...I'm actually getting more peed off with VOSA than Renault - cos this is the organisation which is meant to be the "neutral" party and also complete independent analysis
This is what is bugging me most. No, not bugging, infuriating. If we can't trust the independent safety inspectorate to do a proper job and protect the consumer, what in the name of all that is holy are we paying them for? (via our taxes)

I'm glad my photo is proving useful to people (the rather dirty silver bonnet is mine!).

The other thing that is alarming me is the Watchdog references to "Clio Mark 2". Only the Clio Mark 2 is affected. Until I logged on today and changed my profile, I didn't even know my Clio WAS a "Mark 2". No one has ever called it that to me before. Thank you, forum peeps, for differentiating between the different kinds, so that I was alerted to this.

When this Watchdog report was shown last year, I took my car into a Renault dealer and demanded they inspect the bonnet catch. Watchdog had said that Renault had issued a memo to all dealers to do free inspections for anyone concerned. This dealership had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what i was talking about.

I forced a cursory inspection from the engineer, and made him sign the work docket to say that the bonnet catch was safe and that he had inspected it. For what that's worth.

I'm supposed to be doing a 550-mile round trip in a few weeks, and, frankly, i'm scared to.
Currently in em6's garage:
03 Clio 1.6 (Expression?) Petrol Manual
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome