Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - buying advice Megane II

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th March 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
buying advice Megane II

I've owned a MK III Coupe EDC for the last three years and it has been perfectly reliable.
I'm thinking of getting a MK II for a family member.
I'm interested in a lowish milage 1.4 petrol as they are relatively powerful, economical and generally haven't been abused as much as the 1.5 diesel.

The car platform and engines appear to be essentially the same as the MKIII under the skin and I know the MK III to be a solid car.
I know there are certain problems with the car like window regulators, crankshaft position sensors, keycards, awkward headlights and coil packs and none of these things scare me off as they are easy and cheap to fix once you know what to do.

Are there any other big issues that I need to look out for on a 1.4 litre petrol Megane?

Megane IIs are seriously cheap due to their poor reputation but are fairly pleasant cars to drive with plenty of extras and spacious inside.
I'd prefer one of these to a focus, golf, astra, etc... for daily usage.
Currently in dipole's garage:
Megane Coupe Bose 1.5dci EDC in Maroni Brown with glass roof and heated seats
  5 Lastest Threads by dipole
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
keyless entry not working Electronics dipole 1 845 14th February 2015 06:56 PM
Cost of rear bumper Bodywork madnoel10 1 533 17th January 2015 11:46 AM
buying advice Megane II Cars & motoring Meganeman 5 1104 9th March 2014 09:46 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome