Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Fitting PDA based Satnav to 05 Scenic

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th November 2005 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Fitting PDA based Satnav to 05 Scenic

IPAQ hx 4700 on Brodit mounts in a Renault Scenic (05)

For anyone looking for mounting solutions in a Renault Scenic I attach two photos of the mount in my car. I bought the “Proclip”, mount and connecting cable from GPS for less and it was fitted by a local firm KTD in Dunstan (Gateshead)

The Receiver was to have been mounted in the black dotted area next to the rear-view mirror but the cable was too short and it was mounted on the bottom left corner of the of the windscreen. It seems to work well there though I’ve not been urban canyon driving with it yet. I’m advised that if there is a problem they will be able to get an extension cable for me.

The first photo is a driver’s eye view of the landscape mounted PDA, the position is perfect as it does not obscure any of the dashboard readouts and is in direct line just under the digital speed readout.

The second photo shows how the “Proclip” and mount are secured. The fitting is very firm and no vibration experienced even at motorway speed.
  5 Lastest Threads by alistairwat50n
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Fitting PDA based Satnav to 05 Scenic Electronics 6 1693 28th November 2005 07:05 PM
Renault Scenic - Electronics - PDA based Satnav Scenic adrimo 16 4428 5th October 2005 06:59 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome