Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Removing big sheet covering bottom of engine etc

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10th March 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Removing big sheet covering bottom of engine etc

Hi all, sorry I don't know the propper name.

The big black fiber/plastic sheet held on by numerous bolts underneath the engine compartment that I presume is there to stop water and crap from the road going up into the engine.

Mine is only held on by a couple of bolts as for some reason all the other nuts have broken (spin round so there's no way of tightening the bolts).

One of the two remaining ones has also broken, basically the bolt is also turning around whatever is being used as a nut, the nuts supposed to be fixed to the bodywork, but has come loose.

I can force it off breaking the nut in the process, just wondered what you would suggest I use in it's place. The position of these makes using a normal nut impossible as it's totally inaccessible to hold the nut still.

Hope you understand what I'm trying to explain

Many thanks

Laguna mk2
Currently in ojustaboo's garage:
2003 Laguna 1.8
  5 Lastest Threads by ojustaboo
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna II keycard problem Electronics TTT 10 674 18th November 2015 08:25 AM
Laguna Mk2 rear door lock problem Electronics swannie1 1 300 20th April 2015 06:39 AM
Removing big sheet covering bottom of engine etc Bodywork Phil48 5 861 10th March 2014 09:32 AM
laguna 2 cuts out going round corners Engines Renoir White 1 730 19th May 2013 10:32 AM
Best place to fit a roof aerial on laguna 2 In-car entertainment ojustaboo 6 1971 19th February 2013 09:29 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome