Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Pre-telephone equipment

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 8th March 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Hi, sorry for hijacking this post, but I have some similar questions and it seems sensible to keep to a single thread!

I have recently bought a 2003 Laguna Initiale. It came with a Nokia CARK-91 kit installed which is useless to me as I'm not downgrading to an old compatible Nokia phone now! Anyway, I managed to aqcuire a bluetooth adapter for the kit, have removed the cradle that is surplus to requirements etc, but have found in doing so that the kit was pretty poorly fitted!

They've basically located the pre-wire and then cut the wires to splice the nokia kit into (the permanent feed + radio mute is all they've used though)! So, I have a separate ugly Nokia speaker mounted in the passenger footwell, a separate ugly antenna (which I will never use again) on the windscreen, and separate ugly mic on the courtesy light! I guess my main question is:

If I get the wiring into the pre-wire plug repaired, and the relevant autoleads connector, can I then lose the Nokia speaker and mic (the antenna is going anyway as I don't need it for bluetooth)? Have checked out my speaker and definitely have the dual connector one so this is straight forward, but where is the pre-fitted mic and is it any good?

Hmmm... Well, the bluetooth adapter seems to work after plugging it in and using the existing Nokia speaker / mic etc... However, it's always on, sapping away at my phone battery when I park up on the drive and go in the house (brilliant range on the bluetooth then!!!). I figure I need to disconnect the permanent battery feed and connect to the switched feed only - question is, which of the "pre- wire" wires is the switched ignition feed? I figured it must be the orange, but don't seem to get any response out of that one Anyone got a breakdown of the pin-outs / colours of the VDA plug? I know the Parrot site includes the pinouts of their adapter that plugs into it, but can't find the same info for the plug itself... Do I just need to do the same as Parrot suggest do you think and just switch the two (permanent and switched) around???
Currently in majestic103's garage:
2010 Megane Coupe 1.6 Dynamique Tomtom

Last edited by majestic103; 8th March 2007 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Updated
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome