Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 99 2.0 Espace 19MPG Ahhhhhhhh

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 8th March 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to andybristol
Thanks folks... all seems to make sense, I have resisted the urge to put through any redex type cleaners to date on the basis that I thought it would be the O/S at fault. The main type of travel is a mixture of town / country A B roads the vehicle is empty apart from me and the Mrs, tyre pressures all correct, I may drop it around to my local gargare and get them to check the emissions and see if they are good OR bad and go from there. The car seems to run fine if not a little underpowered but I put that down to being a 2.0ltr it goes well if you stand on the pedel but thats not the way I drive, I'm very light footed. I had the exhaust inc cat replaced recently and they said the O/S was disconnected when they got underneith it but I seem to doubt that very much as it would flag up straight away I would have thought with service light or something simular. By the way the O/S is mounted in the front pipe just after the manifold connection. the O/S's are not that dear so may just opt to replace it anyway, can't do any harm but as I said I'll get the emissions checked and see what that throws up and go from there. thanks again.
Currently in andybristol's garage:
1999 Espace 2.0 8v Auto
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome