Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New - need urgent help

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 8th March 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi thanks for the response.
Clio is a V reg (1999), had 44,000 miles on the clock. It was bought from a dealer in Welling, Kent. It supposedly has had an HPI check too. Major work was done on it (according to service history) in 2005 - though i can't tell what as there is no accompanying paperwork apart from the service book.

Unfortunately I am not sure which part of the wiring loom is damaged - i believe it is just filled with water...

Is this really an electronic problem? And could this issue have been picked up prior to sale and the techicians at the garage I bought my car just thought "should be fine"?

I had a problem with the speedometer too the day I bought the car. It would sometimes work and other times sit at zero. That weekend my car told me that the distance between london and oxford was 7 miles!!! Ideas ??? Could these all be related? I also have a non-renault stereo fitted there too... could this have damaged any of this?
Currently in jk_1's garage:
Renault Clio Alize
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome