Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Alarm problems after flat battery

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th March 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Alarm problems after flat battery

Went to start my R-Reg Clio (1.4RN, just incase the letters actually mean something) last week, only to find it had a flat battery (no warning, but then I hadn't driven it for over a week). The nice AA chap jump started me and I drove it straight to a garage where I got the battery replaced.

However, since then the alarm/immobiliser/central locking (all seem interconnected to me) doesn't seem to work properly. Often the alarm doesn't reset correctly on locking - so the alarm goes off, or sounds intermittently and then it takes several tries to switch off and reopen the car. Then when I press the key fob there's just a sort of clicking and the car won't lock and unlock to reset the immobiliser.

So far, if I keep persisting eventually it seems to reset in the end, but far from ideal (and the neighbours are just loving me!!!) Wondering if the flat battery could have caused the fault to develop somehow (or maybe vice versa - could someting shorting out have possibly run the battery down...?)

Actually quite loathe to go near the car at the moment, but any suggestions for anything I (or my slightly more capable boyfriend) could try in the 3 weeks until payday, which is the earliest I'll be taking it to the garage.

Many thanks!
Currently in AliceP's garage:
1997 Renault Clio 1.4RN
  5 Lastest Threads by AliceP
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Alarm problems after flat battery Clio chris m 5 2492 9th March 2007 12:37 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome