Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Stupid fault on interior

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th March 2007 Thread Starter
John Hancock
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Stupid fault on interior

Hi all,

Yesterday, I took delivery of a new Grand Scenic and have a really stupid fault.

As the supplier is 200 miles away, I can either take it to the local dealer or fix it myself (it should be that simple, once I can work out where the fixings are).

The problem is that the centre console box, which according to the brochures appears to be mounted quite close to the gear shift, if around 8 inches further back on my car with a blanking plate on the floor in front of the unit.

As a result, all the armrests are too far to the rear to be of any use, and there is now ABSOLUTELY NO the legroom for the centre rear seat passenger!!!

When I remove the blanking plate from the floor, there are two tapped holes in the floor which I am assuming are the fixing places for the console, so it should be easy to move, ONCE I HAVE WORKED OUT HOW TO GET TO THE FIXINGS IN THE CONSOLE.

The only thing I can find is two posidrive screw heads on the side of the console between the seats, but I don't think that I can get at these without first taking out the seats!!

Any advice on how to get at the fixings would be welcome.

Many thanks

Currently in John Hancock's garage:
2007 Grand Scenic 1.9dCi Dynamique
  5 Lastest Threads by John Hancock
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Stupid fault on interior Cars & motoring Asterix 4 823 9th March 2007 06:58 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome