Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - megane coupe paint defect

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 12th March 2014
Platinum member
Nominated 6 Times in 17 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,153 Times in 1,014 Posts
Re: megane coupe paint defect

Im a "waterboy" paint finish as well,first car with it and as mentioned before nervous about it.
Cutting back and polishing the side scrape..covered before,worked out ok but it may just have been cutting back the lacquer.
New cars(seems to me) have allways had a very slightly orange peel knobbly effect on the laquer as if to allow a little depth for mirror finish repolishing later?

Doing anything on a metallic finish,I have had problems in the past, cutting thru the surface layer of metallic particles.The very top layer used to have a slightly different colour,cos more metal bits were in it?
Solid colours didnt have this layering.
Technology may have moved on.

Now I have discovered since washing, 3 scuff marks under the n/s fog(like a cats claw on a scratching post mark).
I blame someones shopping trolley.Ill have to reverse to kerbs from now on!
Not sure whether to try a "cut" or fill the claw marks and blend back.
At least its on plastic section!.

Sorry no pic but ill do it later.

Cayenne man above ^,surface layer is gone with acid ..urea or whatever is in bird poo,?
Since its on what looks like the upper curve of the door below the window(with lots of sunshine highlights there):
Could that be blended in invisibly with spot painting by a pro or would it never be as good as a full panel repaint ?

Currently in coup's garage:
RM III coupe 1.5dci FVT,Audi TT Mk1 ,a bike and too much rubbish.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome