Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault "Harmony" vs "Renault to go" warranties.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10th March 2007 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Renault "Harmony" vs "Renault to go" warranties.

I'm hoping someone out there has a "Renault to go" car and the warranty documents handy. The three year warranty has elapsed on the Clio, and I rang the dealer to extend it. The problem being (as I'd already discovered on the website) you can't buy the Harmony warranty once the 3 year manufacturer's warranty has expired.

So I asked the supplying dealer very nicely if they could bend the rules, and they went off to see what they could do. When they came back to me, they told me that they could sort it as long as the car was still less than three years and one week old.

So I've paid my 500 quid over the phone (ouch!) and they're sending me the paperwork. But from what I've been told, I think I'm getting the "To Go" used car warranty rather than the "Harmony" from new one.

I'm just wondering if the quality of cover is any different. I rejected a couple of other quotes on the basis that they refused to cover certain items such as switches and wiring looms. We all know Renaults have issues with electrical items and, especially of late, looms. I don't want to be taking out a warranty that doesn't cover the items that are most likely to fail.

The Harmony warranty proved to be excellent on the last car, happily paying out on both claims that we had to make. If we'd kept the car for the full 24 months rather than just a little over 12, I reckon we'd have shown a profit on the purchase price of the cover.

What I obviously don't want is to discover that I've paid top whack for inferior quality cover. Especially if it turns out to be the same cover that I could have had 100 quid cheaper elsewhere.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.

Last edited by Horatio; 10th March 2007 at 12:20 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by Horatio
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio II odd ABS fault Electronics jamie 6 3837 22nd May 2011 08:49 AM
Carminat TomTom nightmare Electronics JohnKFreeman 9 16954 7th May 2011 09:54 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome