Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault "Harmony" vs "Renault to go" warranties.

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 10th March 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
Thanks, Hugh

I don't think the car was part of the RTG scheme. I think they've just used this as a way of putting it through the system because the 'Harmony' warranty flags up that the car's over three years old.

This car must have been about 18 months old when we got it, which is putting it a bit on the old side for RTG. If it had been through the scheme, then we'd still have around six months of the minimum 2 year warranty left.

That's right - if the RTG car is between 12 and 18months old then the dealer should take out a Harmony Warranty to cover the 3rd birthday of the car to the 2nd anniversary of the RTG owner!!

People should ensure this extension is taken out - the dealer I bought the Avantime from didn't and there are no prizes for guessing when my engine died! I had a massive battle - the dealer eventually paid! A long story that I must produce a thread for.

Might be worth checking whether it was RTG though - they don't have big folders like Network Q used to! RCS will tell you if its RTG.

Currently in hugh121's garage:
Renault Avantime V6
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome