Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Flash car wash system

View Single Post
post #73 of (permalink) Old 10th March 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Okay, I know I'm digging up an old thread here, but I wasn't going to jump on the bandwagon and buy one of these at 20+ quid, so I carried on with the old bucket of soapy water, soft brush and hosepipe. I've not been doing at all badly, even when I've been using cheap car shampoo (though I prefer to use proper stuff.)

Then recently, I saw one of these Flash car wash systems on sale for 12.50. The box was a bit battered, but the contents looked to be pristine.

I've used it twice now, and the results are far from impressive. I know it says to use a sponge, but as I have a problem with one of my knees, it makes squatting down to do the sills both awkward and a little bit risky. (Well that's my excuse - put it down to laziness if you prefer ) So I used the brush that's worked successfully for me in the past.

I noticed straight away that the Flash shampoo stream is pretty weak. There's not a lot in the way of bubbles, and it's not a very effective detergent. It streaks straight off the diesel stains around the filler flap rather than making any attempt to cut through them. Of course when the car's wet, it looks lovely and clean, but once it's dried, I've noticed that it's still pretty much dirty all over. Nowhere near as dirty as before, but far from pristine.

The auto-dry feature is the only bit I'm remotely impressed with, and even then I wonder how much of it is placebo effect. If I could find the receipt, I might just take them up on their money back offer.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome