Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #546 of (permalink) Old 10th March 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by brigatti View Post
What on earth is going on's kinda like I'm fighting TWO battles here - Renault and VOSA - why?????
I've already told you why... they have to justify their earlier decisions and comments.

It seems that my posts are too long and people aren't reading them, so perhaps it would be better if I bowed out of this argument.

@ Meesh's question "why only two"... Could it be that even your complaint is not recorded? If people phone (always better to write) and are told that the case is closed, how many would insist that their complaint is recorded anyway? If everyone is given the same answer, then any complaints made subsequent to the Watchdog (and our) highlight would go unrecorded.

What is needed is for Watchdog to ask viewers to let them know if they have tried to complain to VOSA and were turned away in the same way that you were, dear Meesh.

Back to VOSA and Renault...As they can't find any inherent faults with their mechanism, I can safely claim that I can tell them a couple of things about them whenever they want to hear them; it seems that, unlike their engineers, I can tell their stork from their butter, if you'll pardon the figure of speech (can't make up my mind whether it is a pun or a metaphor).

For the record, Stuart Jenkins wrote to me on the 5th June 2006 saying among other things, "I would confirm that, Vehicle Safety Branch are carrying out an investigation in conjunction with Renault into the allegations surrounding Renault Clio bonnet locks." This clearly contradicts what is now being said that VOSA did not themselves inspect any cars but were given reports on cars looked at by Renault.

So, Mr Jenkins may have been merely buttering (!)me up when he wrote to me, if indeed, VOSA did not have sight of any damaged vehicles before the initial so-called inspections by Renault.

Confucius he say "Wise Inuit never eats yellow snow"
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome