Independent Renault Forums banner

Megane CC 55 Plate , Servicing.......

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  SportTourer 
#1 ·
HI All,

A quick question regarding Servicing for a Renault Megane cc, 1.9tdi on a 55 plate??

I am currently on 31 250 miles , I understand that 32 000 miles requires a major service , can anyone tell me what this service will entail? I am able to change oil , air , fuel filter my self , also brakes are not an issue either!!

Just wondering whether I need to put it into a dealership for anything major which I have not mentioned above?? Or is that pretty much what the dealership will do in the service for me??

Any info on what is required of a 32000 mile service would be appreciated or links to any site which will tell me !!

Many Thanks,

Tober.

#3 ·
I guess that the car is still under it's new vehicle warranty?.

If so,you will need to take your car to a VAT registered garage for the service(not neccessarily a main dealer) and genuine parts will need to be used for the warranty to stay valid.

#4 ·
As lag says you will invalidate the warranty if you do it yourself.

If your car is the 1.9dci NON FAP - servicing is every 12,000 miles or 12 months, if it is the FAP version it is every 9000 miles or 12 mths.
Not sure where you are getting the 32000 miles from! Or is your car due for a service from a "time" point of view, i.e 12mths since last service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.