What's this part called? - Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum

Bodywork Paint care, corrossion, body kits, spoilers, skirts etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 31st July 2011 Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 31
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks: 28
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What's this part called?

Hi all,

I'm trying to find a replacement part for my 2001 Megane Convertible.

It's the outer rubber window seal strip that sits on top the door panel. I need to buy one for each door as the metal is starting to rust inside the strip themselves - unsightly!

Trying to find the right part name so I can source the part online.

Luke WW is offline  
  5 Lastest Threads by Luke WW
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Vibration Engines Luke WW 3 944 15th June 2012 03:35 PM
New Engine? Is it worth it? Engines Luke WW 29 3358 24th January 2012 08:33 AM
Clutch Bearing - urgency to replace? Engines flying clutchman 7 1741 1st August 2011 09:58 AM
What's this part called? Bodywork Luke WW 2 1054 31st July 2011 10:07 PM
Megane Water Pump - Do I need to change it? Engines marvintheandroid 5 3822 29th May 2011 05:14 PM
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 1st August 2011
Technical Supremo

Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 42,940
Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanks: 372
Thanked 5,201 Times in 4,712 Posts
Re: What's this part called?

I thnk it's called the lower outer window trim.

Last time I contacted a Renault dealer looking for similar for my Clio it was only available as a complete window trim set at 140 per window.
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
madnoel10 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to madnoel10 For This Useful Post:
Luke WW (1st August 2011)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 1st August 2011 Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 31
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks: 28
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: What's this part called?

Ouch! Just tried to buy them from a scrappy, but the 'bubbling' under the rubber of seems to be a problem with all cars of my car's age. He recommended I buy them new. But 280 might be a little extortionate for what it is!

Luke WW is offline  


Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome