Join Date: Mar 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Thanked 73 Times in 63 Posts
Well guys, you'd be pleased to know the jobs a good 'un.... in fact I've really impressed / outdone myself!
I got a couple of drips with the lacquer which started because I think the can was faulty and it started 'spitting'.
Anyway, once the first coat had dried, I used a bit of soapy water and 1200 wet and dry to very gently rub them out - very very gently.
Have since done tow more coats of lacquer and have left it to dry.
A slight down side is that, even though it felt dry to touch, I got a thump print in the lacquer now as i tried to pick it up! It won't show as it's on the underside but you live and learn...
Will post some crappy pics off my mobile when I fit it
Thanks to everyone for the advice.
Currently in TazzyK's garage:
Renault Clio 1.4 16v Privilege (2004), Renault Megane 1.5 dCi 106 Expression (2005), Volkswagon Passat 2.0 TDi S (2006), Alfa Romeo 159 2.4 JTDm QTronic Lusso (2008)
Last edited by TazzyK; 11th March 2007 at 04:38 PM.