Join Date: Jul 2006
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,851 Posts
Re: replacing rear door megane 2
Hi there and welcome.
I had to do a similar job a couple of months ago on an '08-plate corsa.
(I presume we are talking about a rear side door, and not the hatch?)
Anyhow, here's how I did it;
- lower the rear window as far as it will go
- unplug the electrics from the door (usually a multiplug)
- undo the door checkstrap (this allows greater access to the hinges, but open the front door to prevent it striking that one)
- undo the hinges (lower one first) where they meet the door (this means that when fitting the replacement, the door positioning & alignment should be pretty much there already)
- as the top hinge is being undone, put your arm through the open window, and support the top of the door using your shoulder (this is why I said do this first)
- once its done, just lift away (being careful not to damage the car.
- re-fit is opposite of removal - check door closes properly - the striker plate may need adjusting...
I did that on my own in 20 mins, and that was my first time. Just make sure before you start, that you have the proper tools for the job.
Best of luck.
This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater