Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Headlamp Washer

Thread: Headlamp Washer
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11th March 2007 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Headlamp Washer

This is more an informative post than a request for help. However I'm interested in other folks experiences.

I noticed a few weeks back that the near side headlamp washer was not working properly on my Laguna sports tourer (2002). The head would not rise properly and most of the water just ended up on the road (but not from the jets).

Took a look today and (after removing the plactic cap) discovered that the jets are mounted in a T section arm at the top of the actuator rod.
The left and right hand ends of this T section are open and are supposed to be capped with small plastic bungs.
In my case one of these was missing meaning that water poured out onto the road rather that being forced through the jets.

Nice thing was that a suitably cut end of a biro fit well enough to allow it to work again. Also this can be fixed without taking the bumper off.

Hope this may help others.

Currently in Eeeps's garage:
2011 Clio III dCi 88 Dynamique and 2016 CitroŽn Grand C4 Picasso Exclusive+ EAT6 2.0 BlueHDi
  5 Lastest Threads by Eeeps
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Down Stream Lambda Problem Engines Lagdti 1 1067 31st May 2011 09:09 PM
Laguna : Sat Nav too hot Electronics Eeeps 6 2039 1st June 2009 10:02 PM
Laguna 2.0 IDE - strange engine noise Engines madnoel10 3 2079 25th January 2009 06:29 PM
Door Lock Motor/Solenoid Failure Electronics Paul Dengel 5 6322 16th December 2008 09:25 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome