Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Vel Satis Problems

View Single Post
post #32 of (permalink) Old 12th March 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3

Maybe this is what you are looking for .

Assuming that the car has a clear view of the sky, the satellite icon should be green. If not, you're most likely looking at a faulty connection to the GPS antenna on the roof. You'd probably have to remove the roof lining to check the connection to the antenna, but the other end should be easy enough to sort: I believe it plugs into the back of the sat-nav control panel above the CD player, and this can be removed using the standard DIN-E stereo removal tools (available from most decent car accessories suppliers) or, at a pinch, a couple of cut-down bits of coat hanger wire. I wouldn't be surprised if the connection has been disturbed when some other accessory (e.g. hands-free kit) has been removed prior to the sale of the car.

The diagnostic code is (I think) 4221. I'm pretty sure of the first three digits, so if that's wrong, try playing around with the last one.

Edit: Close but no cigar! I've just checked the code, and it's actually 4112, not 4221.

Horatio drives a 2005 Lag 2 phase 2 1.9dCi Initiale

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome