Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Vel Satis Problems

View Single Post
post #36 of (permalink) Old 13th March 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
No not really, but its already started.... the guy at kwik fit said he'd never seen one before and asked what exactly it was, then shat himself as he nearlt took the mirrors off on the ramp legs as the cars so darn wide. Then the exec who was just picking up his Merc ML 500 glanced over at the interior and looked as if he had been done over on the luxury stakes! Ha Ha Ha.

Then as i was going round a load of motor factors getting prices for the cat, no one had heard of, or had listed the Vel. In one place this jumped up little e who thought he knew everything about cars insisted that Vel Satis was a trim level and kept asking for the model. I had to take him outside and show him to shut the little ***** up! Anyway they did list one but was more than main dealer.

Anyway i'm very happy with it and am totaly surprised how much pull it has considering its only 2.2 litre but weighs about 2.2 tonnes!!! Plus its a high miler so when the gearbox was still tight and it had plenty of poke i was well happy. I reacking its just been a motorway cruiser to be honest. Boot is like new, spare wheel never used, drivers seat not worn out, accelorator pedal not worn out. Was just an exec cruiser i think. Love it already!!

Theres something about having a car thats a bit different. My other is a Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo , and that still turns heads even after 9 years. It has its quirks as does the Vel but there worth it so you dont have to drive a mondeo!
Currently in jamesyboy5593's garage:
Scenic II 1.9DCi Privilege, Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo, VW Eos 2.0 TFSI DSG, Gilera Nexus 500 scooter.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome