Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic Grand auto handbrake fault and parking Sensors

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 18th March 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Scenic Grand auto handbrake fault and parking Sensors

I have just taken owner ship of an 54 plate Renault Scenic Grand. It is a very nice car and does the job for me.

My first issue is the handbrake as a manual hand brake it was perfectly no problems what so ever so I can engage and release the handbrake at will, however it is supposed to do it automatically. I have checked the fuse and the cables under the passenger seat and all is fine no water damage either. I have also tried re-setting as documented in one of the threads "open drivers door, press lock on fob, put card in reader and hold start for 5 seconds. Depress brake pedal the pull the outer part of the manual handbrake release and the while holding this out press the middle part with the red button on it". I have done this many times to try and reset it but it does not work.

The only other thing I think it could be is the switch on the clutch pedal. Someone called Dancingdad helped someone on here with the clutch peddle switch but I would like to see a picture not sure of how it should be.

It also does not come on then the engine is switched off.

Regards the reversing sensor I can press the switch next to the drivers door and the light comes on to remind me that the sensors are off but even though I switch the light back off (according to the manual this means sponsors are on) they still don't work, oh I do test them by reversing the car

Both problems I can live with really but as it has this feature I would like to try and get them working.
Not sure if starting a new thread is the right thing to do but I have trawled and searched hi and low through the forums and could not find an answer.
  5 Lastest Threads by slick00
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic Grand auto handbrake fault and parking... Brakes/Hubs BLACK ESPACE 3 1638 18th March 2014 06:33 PM
Hi newbie here Welcome to RenaultForums stuart j 2 419 16th March 2014 03:02 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome