Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Damaged door

Thread: Damaged door
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 13th March 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
If you've taken it to one of these major accident repair bodyshops, then it'll be in there forever. At least that was my experience the one time I was foolish enough to use one.

They like to just queue up as much work as possible, and consider that as long as you've got their crappy courtesy car to potter around in, you're 'sorted' and there's no mad rush.

Mine was off the road for three weeks for a new front wing and two new alloy wheels. I only got it back then because I turned up with my spare key and told them that if the car was driveable, I was taking it away there and then. They promised to have it sorted the following day, and (in the only bit of positive customer satisfaction I got) they actually stuck to that promise.

When you choose an insurer, you don't give them the right to decide on a repairer. In future, I'll insist that the car is repaired by the Renault dealer of my choice. I'd recommend anyone else do the same in the event of an insurance claim.

I'm not a bodyshop expert, I've just had the misfortune to have to use them a few times, but I'd expect a job like this to take 3-4 days maximum if they're actually working on your car rather than just leaving it in the car park.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome