Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna I - Phase 1 - Heating and Cooling - Possible fix for cold heater

View Single Post
post #42 of (permalink) Old 13th March 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy HEATER MATRIX - Bulkhead connector PROBLEM !

Hi Guys,

Thanks to SPRIOCHETE my Heating problem is errrmm Better .
Found n the end it was easier to remove the matrix complete to flush it out. Took anly 30 mins to remove and 30 mins to fit its pretty easy but i was 1 Hours flushing it out.
Since refit heating has imporved dramtically but I have been losing water. When I originally disconneted the bayonet from the bulk head the seals fell out and i found 2 of the Teflon rings were damaged. I can't find anywhere including the trusty old haynes manual that describes what the configuration for the seals should be ???????
Rubber Contoured ring / teflon / "o" ring ??
Problem I now have is I cannot get the Bayonnet to Click back in place with the current seal configuration. I have been trying to lever the bayonet with a big iron bars and I am a big lad (hence the Nick SHREK) but to no avail. It just won't click and lock in place so i have a constant leak which requires topping up regularly. Any tips or advice at this stage would be most grateful. Especially the Correct Seal configuration . Ta
Currently in Shrek288's garage:
P Reg Laguna Estate 1.8 RN
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome